The Onyx 2 Fireplace
A contemporary design heater
Our customers tell us that the Onyx 2 has the most colorful, dynamic flames they have ever seen, the kind of flames which are impossible to duplicate with gas. The Onyx 2 can provide enough heat for the average house, burn overnight, and look great, all at the same time. Patented RSF technology enables the Onyx 2 to burn so cleanly that it is EPA certified to the same standards as the best freestanding wood stoves.
- Large 3.1 cubic foot firebox.
- EPA Phase II certified.
- Realistic firebrick lining.
- Mobile home approved.
- Takes 20″ logs.
- Can be installed into a masonry chimney using an RSF adapter and a UL/ULC listed stainless steel chimney liner.
- Can be connected to a central heating system.
- This fireplace is certified for use with 7″” ICC Model EXCEL chimney only.
You can now create your own fireplace settings. Choose the ambiance you want and insert your choice of options with the >fireplace configurator.
- Outside Dimensions 43″”W X 44 1/4″”H X 24″”D
- Weight (ship wt add 70 lb) 465 lb
- Firewood Length 20″”
- Firebox Size ( 1 ) 3.1 cubic feet
- BTU Output Range ( 2 ) 10,000 to 50,000
- Heating Capacity ( 3 ) 1,000 to 2,000 ft2
- EPA Certification note ( 6 )
- Chimney 7″” Excel
- Door Finish Black
- Decorative Trims FO-NDTG
- Ash Pan FO-CAP
- Gravity Vent Kit FO-V2
- Gravity Vent Damper FO-D
- Electric Wall Thermostat FO-FDHC4
- Heat Dump FO-HD
- Internal Blower FO-FDHB5-N
- Central Heating Blower 635 cfm FO-FDHB6-1
- Central Heating Tee FO-T
- Zone Heating Option FO-FDHCZ1 & FO-FDHCZ2
- Rock Retainer Kit FO-KN
- Clean Facing FO-F2 + FO-V2 (2x) ( 7 )
- Inline Fan FO-CIF
- Gas Log Provision ( 4 ) YES
- Masonry Chimney Option FO-FDM7
- Firescreen N/A
- Outside Air ( 5 ) 4″”, meets R2000
- Mobile Home Approved YES
- Louver or Grill Options Black, Gold Plated or Pewter
- Louvers & Decorative Grills
- Note 1 Based on overall firebox dimensions, EPA official firebox dimensions are smaller.
- Note 2 Actual BTU output depends on many factors, but primarilly on the quality of the wood burned.
- Note 3 Depends primarilly on wood quality, ambient air temperature and building heat loss.
- Note 4 These fireplaces may be drilled out to accept an after market gas log assembly. You may not install a gas lighter in any RSF fireplace because the high firebox temperatures will burn out the log lighter very quickly.
- Note 5 All RSF models come equipped to accept a 4” outside air duct, a 5” can also be used. All models can also be installed to operate using room air.
- Note 6 The Onyx2 is a non-catalytic EPA appliance certified @ 4.5 grams/hour.
- Note 7 N/A on louvered Onyx2.