Infrared SaunaDetoxify Deeply with an Infrared Sauna
DETOXIFY DEEPLY WITH AN INFRARED SAUNA
An infrared sauna is a whole new way to relax and enjoy the many benefits of a traditional steam sauna. You will receive all the benefits of a steam sauna with the addition of several more. Best of all it may be a appropriate for those who may not be able to handle the hot and humid environment of a Finnish style steam sauna.
HOW IT WORKS
Both offer detoxification, but at different levels. An infrared sauna provides deeper detox than traditional. The sauna experience is totally different. Traditional saunas have warm/moist air and traditional sessions last 15-20 minutes Infrared heats the body instead of the air, and sessions can last from 20-60 minutes. If it takes you a little longer to unwind, an infrared sauna is for you.
A traditional wood or electric model heats the air with a heat source (steam from hot stones). An infrared sauna will heat the body with infrared rays that do not heat the air, but instead are absorbed directly by the body.
INFRARED SAUNA BENEFITS
What are the benefits of an infrared sauna? They can give you all the positive health improvements you expect from a sauna with the addition of a few more:
- Better tolerated by those with heart conditions such as angina and arrhythmias, allowing everyone a safe way to enjoy a sauna
- Sweating is much heavier and occurs at a lower temperature. It has been found that you can sweat 2 or 3 times as much using infrared over a traditional heat source in the same amount of time
- The sweating comes from ‘deeper’ in the body. This further induces detoxification by releasing toxins deep in the body which escape the body through sweat
- More comfortable temperatures allow you to breathe easier. Typical temperatures inside the infrared heated sauna is 40-60 degrees C, compared to 65-120 degrees C with a traditional style
- Easier on the eyes and lungs. It has been believed that the lower temperatures of an IR sauna are actually easier on the corneas of the eyes. And anyone who has ever walked into a fully heated sauna and had problems breathing will also enjoy these lower temperatures
COST SAVING BENEFITS
One of the most popular benefits of an infrared heated sauna is that it can cost up to 1/3 as much to run one in comparison to a traditional steam sauna. This is due to the fact that the IR heated sauna directly heats the body, not the air. Once you add in the warm up time associated with an electric sauna that cost difference becomes even more pronounced.
Nearly every one of these is also classified as a portable sauna as they dismantle easily. You can take yours with you to the cottage, beach house or even your new home.
To choose the best infrared sauna for your requirements, we invite you to visit our showroom where you can view and test the options.